Skip to main content
Qualifications Benefits Where We Work Where We Serve Request Info See What's Possible How to Apply

Speech-Language Pathologist

Strengthening the voice of the underserved.

Strengthening the voice of the underserved.

Officers In Action

A Message from Chief Therapist Officer CAPT Richardson

Becoming a clinical and rehabilitation therapist officer in the USPHS Commissioned Corps
Read full story


Master's degree in speech-language pathology from a school or college accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA)
Master's or doctoral degree in audiology from a school or college of audiology accredited by the CAA
Current, unrestricted, and valid certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Are you fit to serve?
Find out


College loan repayment
Career advancement and pay increases with years of service
Health and dental care at low or no cost
Mobility between government agencies
Tax-free housing and meal allowances
Financial support for education through the Post-9/11 GI Bill
Retirement pension plan
Flexibility to work in a variety of settings
See all benefits

Where we work

Where we serve

See where our officers are serving

Request information

Ready to learn more about becoming an officer in the USPHS Commissioned Corps? We’ll send you the information you need.

See what's possible

Do you meet the basic qualifications to become a Public Health Service officer?
Find out

Learn how to apply

Ready to serve? See how to apply, from start to finish.
See how
Ready to apply?